Best Version of Potato and Eggs! Turkish Spin of Tortilla de Patatas | Spanish Omelette Recipe
A week’s gone by and our kitchen is STILL under construction 😪 It’s for the better though, because it’s coming along beautifully! Our contractors are hard at work, not that I complain about it since I have this beautiful kitchen setup in the backyard — although I’m starting to think that the reason why they’re taking their while is because they get to eat all these delicious food I cook for my videos, including the one I have for you today! In today’s video, I made one of my favorite heavy hitter comfort food omelette with potatoes, and believe me, it tastes as good as it looks! Don’t forget to check out the entire videocand let us know how your omelette turned out! 😍
This egg recipe is one of my all time favourites. Whenever I want to feel happy, I make this one and let it hug me with its silky heart. Just with 3 ingredients it is a great recipe but for heavenly bites I have some tricks and flavours for you.
Prep time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
3 medium potatoes, diced (dry ones are better because of high starch content, but whatever you have is fine.)
1 medium onion, sliced crosswise (or diced if you prefer a more distributed onion flavour.)
10 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons whipping cream (optional, if you are not on a cheat day like me)
4 handfuls of sesame seeds
2 teaspoons salt
• Place a big pan on high heat and pour 8 tablespoons of olive oil in it.
• Add the potatoes when the oil is hot. Wait for 3-4 minutes to let the potatoes get a good sear.
• Stir the potatoes and scrape the bottom with a spatula. Then set the heat on low.
• Squeeze the onions and place top of the potatoes. Wait for 2 minutes.
• Give it a stir and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Let it cook until the onions are browned and the potatoes get crunchier.
• Beat the eggs, cream and a teaspoon of salt.
• Put a smaller pan (24 cm, 9 in) on high heat and pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• Cover the bottom of the pan with half of the sesame seeds.
• Transfer the potatoes and onions to the smaller pan and add the egg mixture.
• Give it a good shake, put the lid on and lower the heat.
• Let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
• Cover the top with the remaining sesame seeds. You can finish it off in the oven until the top is golden brown.
• To continue with the pan, scrape the sides and the bottom in case it sticks.
• Put a flat-bottomed lid on and flip the eggs onto the lid. Do this away from the flames to avoid any burn.
• Slide the eggs back into the pan and let it cook for another couple of minutes.
• Place the egg onto the dish using the lid and enjoy the crunchy outside and silky inside of the potato eggs. For a full Turkish breakfast experience, eat with tomatoes, olives, purslane, fresh cheese – and of course, Turkish tea!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! if we feel that you have rated 1 for no acceptable reason, you will be blocked واقعا متاسفیم که این مطلب رو دوست نداشتین, چناچه حس کنیم که بی دلیل ۱ دادین, شما بلاک خواهید شد !
خواهشا, پیشنهاد بدین چطوری بهترش کنیم اگر از ما جواب میخواین ایمیل آدرستون رو اینجا بنویسین
Tell us how we can improve this post? خواهشا, پیشنهاد بدین چطوری بهترش کنیم اگر از ما جواب میخواین ایمیل آدرستون رو اینجا بنویسین
دوستان, چناچه اشتباهی و یا هر نوع اشکالی دراطلاعات و مطالب ما میبینید که باید تصحیح شود و یا هر نوع پیشنهادی برای بهتر شدن مطالب سایت به ذهنتان میرسد, میتوانید براحتی با استفاده از فرم زیر با مدیریت سایت ارتباط برقرار نمایید :